Thursday, October 15, 2009

A quick observation in education

My daughter in grade 7 came home this past Canadian long weekend with a map project to complete. She did have a text book from school but it was dated 1992.  Now I don't know about you but the world boundaries have changed since 1992, especially in eastern Europe which was part of her homework.

Without asking me for help about the mapping and country names, she asked me to help install Google earth, which provided her with a perfectly useful and updated map for her to use.

I would never have thought of that use for Google earth, but she did...  These Gen Y and younger folks do think differently than we do, we can learn from them if we just watch and learn.

Thanks for listening....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter